Here is a recipe for Pistachio Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground pistachios
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in three additions, alternating with the milk. Beat until just combined. Stir in the ground pistachios.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Tap the pan gently on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Bake the cake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust the top of the cake with powdered sugar before serving. Enjoy!
Here is a recipe for homemade pistachio ice cream:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups shelled and unsalted pistachios
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine the cream, milk, and sugar over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse the pistachios until they are finely ground.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks. Slowly pour in about a cup of the hot cream mixture, whisking constantly to temper the eggs. Pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining cream mixture.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean container. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly against the surface of the mixture to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Once chilled, churn the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions. Transfer the ice cream to a container and freeze until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Serve the ice cream in bowls or cones and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe!